ROAD MAP TO A GREAT STAYCATION


I've always believed in a good staycation! When life gets a little crazy and you feel tired, uninspired, exhausted and find yourself in a general state of meh, staycation is the best remedy. Over the years, I've developed a road map of sorts to maximize the benefits of these short trips, and so far, it hasn't  failed me once!:) So, without further ado, here is what I like to do: 

Getting active! Though spending a few days lounging the pool, sipping margaritas and doing absolutely nothing at all seems very appealing, in my experience, a little exercise does a body good! On our recent trip to Langham Pasadena, we took the most wonderful bike tour exploring the beautiful surrounding neighborhoods! Funny, you'd think that after a pretty rigorous hour-long bike ride we'd be tired, but instead we felt completely refreshed, energized, and ready for more adventures!:)





A little pampering is always welcome! I mean you know what a huge skin-care and body-care addict I am, so naturally no staycation is complete without a bit of both. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed I attended an IlluMask event in West Hollywood recently. I had a chance to meet with the team and talk about what makes IlluMask so special. Essentially, IlluMask utilizes technology a dermatologist uses at their office, and is designed for an easy at-home use in a convenient mask form. I chose an anti-aging light therapy mask designed specifically for brighter, smoother, radiant-looking skin. Essentially, the mask delivers light therapy technology which not only helps to firm and improve the texture of the skin but also helps to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. So far, I've been using the mask for about 7 days and really appreciate the results I'm beginning to see. Basically, my skin looks like I just came back from a month-long vacation, and considering that I slept for about 10 hours in total last week, that is a monumental achievement indeed:) I'm going to continue using the mask and keep you guys updated on my progress! After getting such amazing results in just 7 days, I am really looking forward to using the mask on daily basis, since improvements with continued use will be even more amazing and noticeable:)





Last but not least... Go exploring, try new foods and have as many adventures as you possibly can! Afternoon tea, walks on the beach, breakfast in bed, a little pool time ( because of course you can't have a proper staycation without a bit of pool time, can you? ), some fine dining and a nice glass of wine by the open fire and... and the feeling of meh is gone like a bad dream and you're back to feeling like you again, albeit a slightly more rested, energized and refreshed you:)










Labels: , , , , , , ,